Monday, April 25, 2011

Is there a civic obligation to a Country that does not accord any Rights to her citizenry.

My Fellow Nigerians,

I wish you all your heart desires and the blessings of Easter and salvation in Christ Jesus. I did not want to mess up your Easter spirits, so I decided to wait. Please be advised that the Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC is not yet equipped to issue the New Nigerian Passport. This past week I bundled my entire family and drove five hours to DC only to be told that "Sir, We are Sorry, we don't yet have our Finger Printing and Biometrics equipment yet". It sounded impossible that the lady would be right because I had a formal scheduling two weeks ahead and know at least five other families also scheduled at the same location up to two weeks beyond my date. So I asked for a Supervisory Official, which also sounded strange to them, in WASHINGTON DC, in the United States. Long and short, the Supervisor, eventually came out to talk to me, without apologies, explaining that the scheduling was being handled direct from Abuja and that they are expecting their own equipment in mid May, of this year. I did not get any specific answer to my question of how it was possible to continually schedule people at the Washington, DC office on the Internet without the equipment to do the job; how nonchalant that even if this option to pick that location was a mistake that it is allowed to happen to more than one family since all it takes is to disable the DC Office as a possible option on the application form; why did DC officials not email people on that appointment pool to Cancel or place one phone call to Abuja to disable DC office as an option. As we talked, the young lady at the corner continued to turn people around with the same, we don't have equipment yet, and I as I write, the location is still an option. 

How does a Country take her citizens for granted so blatantly; I mean, how do these Nigerians or officials live with there conscience everyday, living in this Country and seeing how a job is done, expecting and receiving services but go into work and treat their fellow citizens as DIRT; without consequences. And now the good NEWS, which is BAD ENOUGH, is that after making Nigerians scramble to renew Passports all around the world, this official told me that the April 30th Deadline has been cancelled "till Further Notice". Are we supposed to take another deadline issued by our Country seriously ever again. So, if your Passport is still valid, I have it on sound authority from a top official, that you can travel with it, and that if you already have been receipted by the DC office, your Passport application and fees are valid at the New York and Atlanta Offices in the United States and any Passport Office in Nigeria for Issuance of the new e-Passport. NIGERIA, WE HAIL THEE; our own Dear Native Land. 

Long Live Nigeria,

Charles Abiahu.

No comments:

Post a Comment